Grand Theft Auto Revolution (also known as Revolution or GTAR) is an open world, action-adventure online multiplayer video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows. The game is scheduled to be released on September 12, 2016, outlined to fill the gap between Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto VI as well as a suitable replacement for the antiquated Grand Theft Auto Online.
Set within the fictional world of Grand Theft Auto, Revolution is located in and around the states of San Andreas and Robada, but will continue to evolve by adding new and existing states which have featured previously in the Grand Theft Auto universe. The massive open world design allows players to freely roam both the States of Robada and San Andreas, which includes remastered renditions of Los Santos, San Tiago, Long Littoral, Las Venturas and San Fierro.
Gameplay in Grand Theft Auto: Revolution is similarly structured to previous titles but is bigger and better than ever before. The game can be played from the first and third person perspective, up to 64 players can play together. The Sates of San Andreas and Robada are much bigger and more detailed than previous games, the world has a wide range of dynamic and interactive elements as well as player triggered events giving. Highly detailed unique interiors add a brand new level of exploration and scope to the game, players are rewarded by unique weapons and items. An upgraded weather system lets litter, leaves and branches as well as other loose items in the world to blow realistically in the wind. New movement mechanics such as parkour and buildering have been added allowing player to traverse the world in a unique and different way, players also have the ability to enter the prone position and crawl. For the first time in the series players can actually hide from the police, playable and non-playable characters inside houses, dumpsters and underneath cars. Doing this effectively reduces the players wanted level and social status. Vehicles and driving mechanics have been dramatically change offering an even more realistic experience, soft-body physics control the collisions between objects and vehicles they realistically flex and deform as stresses to the skeleton, such as impacts from collisions are applied.
The Wanted System has been revamped to be more realistic and open-ended, 'Wanted Stars' have been removed in favor of the Criminal Bar system. Minor criminal activities such as speeding slightly increase the bar, but certain major crimes such as murder increase the bar by one or two levels. The Health System has also been revamped, depicted as an EKG and a percentage as well as injuries being more area specific. Any shot with a firearm or blow with a blunt or bladed weapon to an unprotected head deals 100% damage causing instantaneous death, damage to an unprotected upper chest deals 50% damage with a firearm or bladed weapon and 25% with a blunt weapon, while all damage to the an unprotected lower chest deals 25% damage. Damage to the stomach and limbs deals 15 and 10 percent damage respectively with any weapon.
The Character Creator in Grand Theft Auto: Revolution is better than previous titles. Overhauled customisation options allow the player to create an even more detailed character to their liking. A innovative facial constructor allow for more detailed and highly tuned faces. Also you can create character's height and weight.
Hobbies and Pastimes in Grand Theft Auto RevolutionEdit
A wide range of hobbies and pastimes, both new and old are available for participation. Partaking in certain activities unlocks unique items and upgrades.
- Air Hockey - A tabletop mini-game returning form The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and the Dammed. (Available for the player's property)
- Armed Robberies - Use a weapon to rob houses and stores, high risk activity increase adrenaline.
- Arm Wrestling - A wager based activity returning from The Lost and the Dammed and Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Assassinations - Assassinate high-profile targets in an effort to change the game.
- Basketball - A sport returning from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Bodybuilding - An activity where the player uses weights to build ones muscularity and physique.
- Cinema - An activity returning from Grand Theft Auto V.
- Hunting - An activity returning from Grand Theft Auto V.
- Work - Earn a living working 9 to 5.
For the first time in the series, players can establish and advanced their criminal empire through unique and different ways. Criminal Empires are one of two ways to generate financial income as well as maintaing a good reputation.
Run illegal underground fights and venues to earn profit. The fronts available are Meat Factory and Garry's Dinner.
- Bare Knuckle - Partake in brutal barefist fights to earn money and respect.
- Cock Fighting - Bet on rooster which fight to the death.
- Dog Fighting - Bet on canines which fight to the death.
- Rat Baiting - Bet on the time a dog can kill all rats.
Special Events in Grand Theft Auto Revolution offer unique events changing the game, often occuring on random day or specific days once or twice a year.
The Purge - First Special Event, Occurs Annually. Edit
The Purge was the first special event in the game, it occurred on October 31st, 2016. Based on the movie series of the same name, The Purge was advertised the previous week in game through the use of Electronic Billboards. From 7pm to 7am all crimes are legal and all emergency services are suspended, players have the choice to take refuge inside their property or participate in the purge. The only rules are no aircraft can be operated until the night concludes. The players received one, clear message; if they died at any time that night, they will be unable to respawn until the event is over.
Due to the lack of singleplayer content in Grand Theft Auto Revolution, Rockstar North released Containment, a chapter which contains 20 missions. More episodes chronicling the life of a different character and story are set to be released every three months.
- Main article: Confinement
Confinement is the first chapter of the game, it follows protagonist Milo Ironside and his life inside and outside of Falconcroft Penitentiary.
Downloadable Content PacksEdit
Black Operations Content PackEdit
- The Black Operations Content Pack is the first content pack released for Grand Theft Auto Revolution, it comes with two new weapons; Combat Assault Rifle and the Anti-Air Launcher as well as four new vehicles; GATTA VTOL Jet, GATTA Obstacle Clearing Vehicle, Aerial Surveillance Drone and the WC Raider
- The first game in the series where the player can actually hide to avoid the police and other players.
- The way a player handles firearms are based on multiple factors such as their occupation chosen at the start of the game and their shooting skill level.
- The second game in the series to feature animals.